Submission Guidelines (ICIC-16)
ICIC 2016 seeks two types of submissions to foster the active participation of researchers and practitioners:
- Conference papers (8 Pages)
- Doctoral/PhD Symposium papers (4 Pages)
Conference paper should describe novel contributions in disciplines related to Computing. Submissions should cover the work that has a sound scientific/technological basis and has been validated. Submissions to ICIC must conform to the stated formatting and submission instructions (details are provided below), and must not exceed 8 pages (see IEEE style file) for the main text, inclusive of figures, tables, appendices, etc. References may be included on up to one additional page.
At least one author must register for the conference by the deadline for camera-ready copy submission. Moreover, it is expected that at least one author will attend the conference to present the paper.
Doctoral Symposium paper enables current PhD students at different stages in their research to articulate and discuss their problem statement, goals, methods, and results in order to get useful guidance on various aspects of their research from established (international and local) researchers in different sessions. Students are not expected or required to have prior publications. Each prospective student participant will submit a package of materials (described below in Part 1 and 2) for consideration by the Doctoral Symposium Committee. The Doctoral Symposium Committee will select participants using the following criteria:
- Potential quality of the research and relevance to the conference.
- Quality of the research proposal write-up.
- Stage of the research (to ensure variety among the student participants).
Part 1: Research Proposal (max. 4 pages)
Your research proposal must conform to formatting guidelines (see IEEE style file) and should contain:
- A title for your work.
- Your name, affiliation and email address.
- Your advisor’s name and email address.
- A main description of your research work that covers:
- The technical problem to be solved, as well as a justification of its importance.
- A discussion of related and prior work explaining why this has not solved the problem.
- A sketch of the proposed approach or solution.
- A plan for evaluating your work and presenting credible evidence of your results to the research community.
- The expected contributions of your dissertation research.
- Progress towards your goals: what you have already done and what you still need to do, possibly with a timeline (for students closer to finishing).
Students at the initial stage of their research might have some difficulty in addressing some of these areas, but should make their best attempt.
Part 2: Letter of Recommendation
Please ask your advisor to submit a letter of recommendation in support of your application. This letter should include your name, a candid assessment of the current status of your dissertation research, and an expected date for dissertation submission. The letter should be emailed, in PDF format, to both Dr. Shahid Awan (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Adnan Shahzada (email@example.com) with the subject “ICIC 2016 Doctoral Symposium Recommendation”.
How to Submit
All the submissions must be in PDF format. Make sure that you are using the correct IEEE style file: the title should be typeset in 24pt font and the body of the paper should be typeset in 10pt font. The following naming convention must be followed for the submission files:
For Conference paper: Conf_ICICI16_<First Author’s Last Name>
For Doctoral Symposium paper: Symp_ICICI16_<Student’s Last Name>
Papers must be submitted electronically through the EasyChair online submission system at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icic2016 by the deadline stated below.
Abstract Submission: July 07, 2016
Full Paper Deadline: July 30, 2016
Papers, when properly formatted, must not exceed the size limit. Submissions that do not comply with the foregoing instructions and size limits will be desk rejected without review.
The names and ordering of authors in the camera ready version cannot be modified from the ones in the submitted version. The title can be changed only if required by the reviewers and the new title must be accepted by the conference chairs.
Registration and Participation Fee:
Author Registration: 5000 (PKR)
Student Author Registration: 3000 (PKR)
Visitor / Participant: 2000 (PKR)
International Author / Participant: 100 (USD)